Frequently Asked Questions
What is Montsegur Finance’s juridical form ?
Montsegur Finance is a portfolio management company approved by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) and authorized to act on all securities markets in France and abroad. In addition, both Montsegur Finance as a company and its mutual funds are subject to the supervisory authority of the AMF.
What is an Investment Fund ?
An Investment Fund (FCP – Fonds Commun de Placement) is a portfolio that enables the pooling of capital from private individuals, businesses or institutions. The management of this fund is then entrusted to Approved Fund Management Company.
What are the advantages of a mutual fund for an investor ?
- Simplicity : once shares are subscribed, your performance is shown net of fees for management, account charges etc. … leaving tax the only extra figure;
- Diversification : risks are more evenly spread as the fund is invested in a large number of different assets, different economic sectors or geographical areas in order to reduce the volatility (risk) of your investment;
- Performance : funds are managed in real time on the market and can therefore quickly react as new information influences asset prices;
- Availability : our funds are listed on a day-to-day basis so you can buy and sell at any time;
- Taxation : tax only applies when you sell your shares, allowing you to capitalize the taxes you would have had to pay if you had managed the shares directly.
How do I become a Montsegur Finance client ?
You can become a client directly by opening a Montsegur Finance account and signing a discretionary management mandate. This account will be opened at our custodian CM-CIC Market Solutions, a subsidiary of Crédit Mutuel, and can be provisioned via cash deposit (bank transfer or cheque) or by bringing an existing portfolio, that is either a standard account or an Equity Savings Plans (PEA – Plan d’Epargne en Actions). In the case of a portfolio transfer, Montsegur Finance will handle the administrative processes. A two to three weeks delay is expected for this transfer to be effective and for fiscal details to be gathered.
The following documents are also required to open an account:
- a photocopy of a valid National Identity Card or Passport for each account holder;
- proof of address in the form of a utilities bill no more than 3 months old (electricity/gas bill, fixed telephone line etc.)
What is meant by management fees ?
Management fees include payment of all staff teams (administration & management) and necessary resources (information systems, custodial bank … ) involved. These are detailed in each fund’s prospectus.
What is meant by entry and exit fees on funds ?
By definition, entry fees are collected on each new subscription within a fund and exit charges levied upon redemption of shares. Montségur Finance does not charge any entry or exit fees on its funds.
Which Montsegur Finance funds are elegible as Equity Savings Plans (PEA – Plan d’Epargne en Actions) ?
- MONTSEGUR l OPPORTUNITES
- MONTSEGUR l CROISSANCE
- MONTSEGUR l RENDEMENT
Is there a minimum amount required to invest in Montsegur Finance funds ?
The minimum amount needed to invest is the Net Asset Value (NAV) of one share of the funds, their value are daily published.
Do I need a minimum amount of assets to become an Wealth Management client at Montsegur Finance ?
There is no minimum amount of assets required to open a Equity Savings Plans (PEA) account, Investment account or to take out a life insurance policy at Montsegur Finance – each client is valued.
Does Montsegur Finance’s private management use external funds ?
Additional external assets are selected according rigorous criterias regarding asset classes, regions and topics not currently covered by Montsegur Finance funds. Their requirement to the investment strategy is defined with the client.
With whom are Montsegur Finance’s client assets deposited ?
Investment accounts and Equity Savings Plans (PEA) will be opened and filed with CM-CIC Market Solutions, a subsidiary of Crédit Mutuel, specialized in custodian services. Crédit Mutuel-CIC is the second largest retail bank in France. The same applies to life insurance policies taken out with first-class partners which can, if you wish, be deposited in a dedicated space at Credit Mutuel-CIC.